Tuesday, January 27th to Wednesday, January 28th
No One Told Me How To Write Workshop
with Peter Nevland – writer, poet, and performance artist.
In this workshop you will lay your hands on communication tools you were never given in school. You’ll learn exercises and techniques that will sharpen your writing skills and rescue you from writer’s block. You’ve got amazing stuff inside you. Come to the workshop. Uncover it. Discover it. Play with it. Flaunt it. We’ll give you the freedom and encouragement to explore and stumble, fail and then soar so high you you won’t believe what you’re seeing.
But yes, you wrote it. All of it. Wow.
Together, we’ll kick open the door to:
- The magic of verbs
- Secret nouns that spring imagination to life
- When and when not to use adjectives
- Crafting bold introductions
- Creating satisfying conclusions
- Never boring rhyme,
- Irresistible rhythms
- How to use facts without putting people to sleep
- How to paint an imaginary picture without using any paint.
- What makes story characters richer, scarier, more heroic and unforgettable
You’ll walk away with powerful things you’ve created yourself. You’ll have a clear understanding of what makes “good writing” and then how to take that writing to the next level. You’ll even outline your first book.
Peter Nevland is a former engineer who left his job at Motorola to perform his words all over the world. He’s a deeply encouraging instructor whose high-energy just won’t let you get away with not trying.
(Acad grads receive a 50% discount at checkout.)
Questions? Contact Daniel Whittington at email@example.com or 512-720-8801.