Thursday, November 12th, 2020
9:30AM to 4:30PM CT
- They start with ideas
- that turn into products or services
- which are delivered more or less according to some kind of plan
- over some pre-committed period of time
- using a limited amount of resources (money, people)
- all of which are subject to change, which has to be managed,
- and the success of the entire venture depends on some combination of workers, investors and customers,
- all of whom have to be kept informed, engaged and rewarded
- so they produce/invest/purchase enough to allow the business to pursue new ideas…
- and so on.
Join us to learn how to figure out the specifics for your business for each of these simple parameters and how to use that knowledge to decide which tools and processes you need to manage each parameter.
We’ll talk about
- the three vs. five different phases of planning (and how you know which applies to you)
- demand and intake management
- prioritization approaches from Total Weighted Value to Participatory Budgeting;
- project management approaches from simple Kanban to more detailed approaches like Scrum or the more traditional Waterfall approach
- change management basics
- definition of done
1 day – 9:30am to 4:30pm CST
(Academy alumni receive a 50 percent discount.)
This class is taught by Pegeen Reilly. Pegeen is on the Board of Directors at Wizard Academy and is currently the Director of Learning and Performance Solutions for LinkedIn.
Read more about Pegeen here: